In an effort to make the Back-to-School process as easy and convenient as possible for parents, Rockwall ISD will launch the new Online Back-to-School Process, eliminating the forms required annually as students return for a new school year. By utilizing the Skyward Family Access program, parents will be able to complete the Back-to-School process by clicking through a set of screens and acknowledging by electronic signature. This required process ensures that the district has current emergency contact, medical, and vital information on file for all students. Parents will need to complete the online forms for each child enrolled in the District. The Online Back-to-School Forms will be available starting August 1, 2014.
As parents click through a series of screens, they will have access to all referenced documents such as the Student Handbook, Code of Conduct, Technology Authorization, etc., available through a live link. This process will also be available in Spanish. When all Online Back-to-School Forms are completed in August by the designated deadlines, and if all student obligations (fees, fines, immunizations, etc.) are met, secondary students/parents will have their schedules made available to them electronically, thus eliminating the need to attend schedule pick-up on campus.
Important Dates and Times
- Class Rosters will be posted on August 22, 2014, at 4:00 p.m.
- Campuses will have “Meet the Teacher” and drop off supplies on August 22, 2014; see your individual campus for specific time
- Students will have online schedule access August 21, 2014, at 9:00 a.m. (if paperwork is completed by August 20th and student does not have obligations)
- Students can come to the building to walk their schedules, ask questions, and get acclimated to their new schedule on August 21, 2014 from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Students will have online schedule access August 13, 2014, at 9:00 a.m. (if paperwork is completed by August 12th and student does not have obligations)
- Students can come to the building to walk their schedules, ask questions, and get acclimated to their new schedule on August 13, 2014 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
In order to be eligible for the Online Back-to-School Forms, parents must set up Skyward Family Access. Parents who do not have Skyward Family Access must contact their child’s school to receive access information for their child(ren) before August 1, 2014.
In order for a parent of a returning student to launch and open the Online Back-to-School Forms, they must:
- Have a Skyward Family Access account already established and must be listed with the school as the primary parent/guardian who lives with the student. If a parent has a Skyward Family Access account but is not listed as the primary parent/guardian, he/she will not have access to the Online Back-to-School Forms.
- For parents who do not have computer or Internet access at home, computer labs and assistance will be available at each campus on their designated orientation/meet the teacher events in August.